Workshop / 04/19/2018
New Trends and Technologies in Advanced Packaging
- The importance of Electronic Packaging for the Semiconductor Industry: New technologies and market trends
- Technologies for 3D-Integration
- Technologies for Panel Level Packaging (Embedding)
- Materials for RDL including material characterization (electrical and mechanical properties, aging effects, adhesion and copper diffusion)
- Assembly for bare dies, WLPs and 3D integration
New device technologies and applications with their ever increasing performance and functionality are driving the requirements and innovation for assembly and packaging. The technology boundaries between semiconductor technology, packaging and system design are becoming blurred. As a result chip, package and system designers will have to work closer together than ever before in order to drive the performance for future microelectronic systems. This tutorial will give an insight on technologies and materials within this complex topic.