Key Research Areas
Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration
Department Environmental & Reliability Engineering
Electronic Condition Monitoring
High levels of availability and low failure rates are key requirements for long-living products and major criteria for their sustainable use. Concepts for condition monitoring are based on the identification and efficient recording of relevant system parameters for reliability. By means of intelligent interpretation of field data it is possible to determine the condition and the remaining life-time of electrical, electronic and mechatronic systems (E/E/M). As a result, condition based maintenance can be carried out to avoid imminent system failures. In addition, stored data can be analysed to determine the causes of failures.
We provide support with:
- Developing algorithms and models for predicting the reliability of E/E/M systems
- Acquisition and evaluating measurement data
- Statistical support of the methods applied
- Development and implementation of monitoring structures for a direct indication of the condition of an E/E/M system
- Implementation of condition based maintenance
The system evaluation offers the approach for the identification of weaknesses in terms of technology or sustainability. The various system levels are differentiated. The available methods provide the basis for overall system optimisation, taking into account processes of reliability management.