Reliability management along the product life cycle
Our primary task is to control the management activities for achieving reliable products and processes throughout the entire product lifecycle. Ensuring reliability starts within the innovation phase. Within the product development phase, careful consideration must be given regarding the influences of production and operation. Moreover functionality and availability should be ensured during operation.
A further task is to ensure the reliability of a product. This includes state-of-the-art practices for evaluating the reliability of systems. Methodologies for determination of a system´s health and the adaption of methodologies for condition-based improvement of reliability are implemented.
We provide expertise in the following areas:
- Coordination of interdisciplinary exchange of information
- Fault prevention processes (e.g. 8D processes)
- Obsolescence management (e.g. dealing with end of life of components)
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Calculating failure rates (MTBF, MTTF, MTTFd)
- FEM-supported physical design
- Resource-efficient process and product management with low environmental impact (Eco-Reliability)
- Use of MRO (maintenance, repair, overhaul) processes