Lab Course / 03/14/2018 - 03/16/2018, 11/28/2018 - 11/30/2018
Bare-Die Processing and Assembly in Flip-Chip and Die-Attach Technologies
- Basics of flip-chip and die-attach connections
- Foundations of polymer chemistry
- Analysis of polymers’ material properties
- Process influences and quality testing
- Analysis methods and reliability
- Failure analysis
- Practical process and analytical technology exercises
Flip-chip technology allows the shortest signal paths at maximum miniaturization for highest productivity through the simultaneous connection of all contacts. Every process has its very unique challenges, lying in the enormous variety of possible substrates, metallization, and component design differences, especially in semiconductors. Understanding the solutions in the market and their technological potential and limitations is a key competence for the design and development of good products and processes.
You can expect a good combination of theoretical input and practical exercises in the lab.
The lab course is hosted in partnership by Bond-IQ, Finetech GmbH and Fraunhofer IZM Berlin.