PRODUCTRONICA 2009 – Knowledge transfer at the highest level
From November 10 – 13, 2009, PRODUCTRONICA, the world’s biggest trade fair for printed circuit boards, component manufacturing, as well as measurement and testing technologies again opened its doors to visitors from all over the world.
Fraunhofer IZM is your competent partner for everything relating to the product-oriented development of packaging and interconnection technologies for microelectronics and microsystem technologies.
This year the focus of the presentation was on:
- Processes for multifunctional boards (for rigid and flexible substrates)
- 3D- and embedding technologies
- Assembly technologies (wire bonding, flip chip, SMD, encapsulation)
- Reliability testing and condition monitoring for microelectronic systems (condition monitoring, in-situ soldering inspection, stress measurement)
- Flexible electronics (thin wafer handling, polytronics, ultrathin assembly)
Despite the fact that due to the general economic situation visitor numbers went down by almost a third, Fraunhofer IZM’s head of marketing Harald Pötter judges the Productronica a success. “We are very happy with the number and quality of the contacts we had. Especially thin wafer handling and the reliability testing for microelectronic systems were in great demand.”